Faster, Higher, Stronger
This year’s Challenge will provide our members with a platform to showcase their creative talent. Whether this lies in drawing, painting, animation, needlework, crafting or any other form of creative design, it’s your chance to get involved and challenge yourself. This year’s theme is the Olympic Motto - Faster, Higher, Stronger – and your creation must relate in some way to this. It could be just one element, or all three, it’s up to you.
· Every DWP office is encouraged to take part.
· It is open to all DWP staff, both HASSRA members and non-members.
· The Challenge will comprise three rounds: First will be the Office round with the winners moving forward to the Regional round. The third round will be the Grand Final consisting of two winners from each of the 12 Regional rounds.
· The Office round should be completed by no later than 22nd May.
· The Regional round should take place between 1st June and 18th September.
· The Grand Final will be held in London later in the year.
· You must be able to transport your creation to each of the rounds, as necessary.
HASSRA does not wish to be too prescriptive in how offices organise the competition. However, the following minimum criteria should be met:
· All entries must involve a creative element, such as drawing, painting, collage, needlework or a sculpture – NB this list is not exhaustive.
· A judge, or judges, must be appointed to decide upon a winner.
· The judge advises the Regional Challenge co-ordinator of the winner.
The winner will be invited to take part in the Regional round.
It is at the discretion of the organisers of the Office round to decide on any additional awards on the day, e.g. runners-up.
As above, HASSRA does not wish to be too prescriptive in how regions organise the competition. However, the following minimum criteria should be met:
· All local clubs taking part will need to be advised of the arrangements for the regional qualifier in adequate time.
· A judges, or judges, must be appointed to decide upon two Regional winners to be entered into the Grand Final.
· The Regional Challenge co-ordinator must advise the National Challenge co-ordinator of the winners by 30th September.
The two regional winners will be invited to the Grand Final.
It is at the discretion of the organisers of the Regional round to decide on any additional awards on the day, e.g. runners-up.
The National Challenge Co-ordinator is Ann Cook
The Grand Final will take place at the Hub, Caxton House, London in October/November on a date to be confirmed. Two winners from each Regional round will be invited to bring their entry along to be judged by senior civil servants. Overnight accommodation as required and all reasonable travelling expenses for the final will be met by National HASSRA. A trophy will be awarded to the winning entry.