Virtual Cross-Country Event
What: A continuous run and/or walk of 4 miles on any surface, anywhere (including indoor running machines)
When: At any time between 15th and 21st March 2021 (but must be done as one single effort)
Who: Any current members of HASSRA South East
How: Enter as below, by midnight on Sunday 14th March at the latest. Then run and/or walk the distance of 4 miles, then send in your time by email (in minutes and seconds - to the nearest decimal point of a second)
Prizes: In line with current England Athletics practice there will be prizes for the fastest Male and fastest Female – also for 2nd fastest Male and Female.
There will also be prizes for fastest Male and Female aged 65+
Team prizes will be awarded to the fastest Male and Female teams (times of each team member to be added together). Teams will be determined by the fastest three Male and fastest three Female participants from each Club
How to Enter: Any HASSRA South East member can enter by signing up by following this link HERE (you will have to sign into HASSRA Live).
Once completed, all times must be emailed in by midnight on Monday 22nd March to Andy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Results: The results will be published on the South East Website and prize winners notified as soon as possible after the event
Participants are advised to:
• Plan their route carefully taking into account terrain, elevation, time of day & any access restrictions
• If going alone, inform someone where they are going and check back on their return
• If possible, carry a fully charged mobile phone
• Carry an ICE (in case of emergency) card or to store the information in their phone
• Know what to do in case of accident or emergency
• Ensure they are fit & well enough to undertake the session they intend to do
• Follow all current government Covid-19 guidelines
Please note that when participating you do so at your own risk and you must obey all the normal rules of the road & countryside and you must comply with all the Covid guidance/rules in place at the time.
Please stay safe and keep others safe