Ensure accounts are up to date
Before the year-end audit you need to ensure your accounts are up to date. Use the following checklist:
If you are using the HASSRA Accounts Package (approved by HASSRA):
- Check that your ‘Balances at 1st January’ (column B) match your ‘Balances at 31st December’ (column D) on your previous years accounts.
- Check that E15 shows £0.00. If it doesn’t, you have made a data entry error. Use the ‘Checking Tool’ (Q37 on each month’s expenditure page) to identify the error and use the ‘Notes’ and ‘Examples’ tabs to help you make any corrections.
- Check that B17 shows the bank statement balance on 31 December of the year of the accounts you are completing. This does not pull through from the spreadsheet and needs to be typed in by the Treasurer on receipt of the December bank account statement.
- Check that the figure in B19 matches the ‘Balance – current account’ figure in D9. They must match. If they don’t then you have either not included some income or expenditure or you have entered an incorrect amount.
If you are using your own accounts package:
- Check that your opening balance on 1st January is stated and matches the 31st December (End of Year) balance stated on your previous years accounts. If the accounts balance sheet does not include this information, then you must upload a copy of your January bank statement to confirm the bank balance as of 1st January.
- Check that your closing balance on 31st December is stated on the accounts balance sheet. If the accounts balance sheet does not include this information, then you must upload a copy of your December bank statement to confirm the bank balance as of 31st December.
If you need any support, please contact your HASSRA Regional Finance Manager:
- For clubs in the following regions: East of England, Fylde, North East, Scotland, South East, Yorkshire & Humber - Please contact Michelle Kitchen firstname.lastname@example.org
- For clubs in the following regions: East Midlands, London, North West, South West, Wales, West Midlands - Please contact Jackie Clydesdale email@example.com