HASSRA Live

Regional News

HASSRA East of England Web Page

September Festival

Dear Colleagues

SEPTEMBER FESTIVAL CANCELLED

I write to tell you that Warwick University will not be re-opening its conference facilities this summer and therefore cannot host our September Festival.­  The scale and complexity of our events make it nigh impossible to source an alternative venue and facilities in the time remaining.­  We have therefore regretfully taken the decision to cancel the September Festival. I know this will be disap­po­inting news for our many volunteers and festival-goers, and we look forward to better times next year. In the meantime, our thanks to you and all your organisers for your patience and any preparatory work you may have already undertaken.

Best wishes,

Craig Lewis

HASSRA National Team

25/06/2020

 

HASSRA - JULY FESTIVAL

To all HASSRA East of England members, please be aware that we have had confirmation that the July Festival will not be going ahead this year.

We do not know if the September Festival will be going ahead yet either.

 

Very sad times as we will not get to see our HASSRA friends from across the UK & participate in the events that were planned.

However, the East of England Board of Management whole heartedly support this decision.

There will always be Festivals in years to come that we can participate in & enjoy the company of our friends.

We hope you & your families are safe & well.

 

Paula Burman – Team Manager, on behalf of the HASSRA East of England Committee

 

 

HASSRA - July Festival

National HASSRA recently wrote to Regions to update them on the latest position regarding the July Festival and to seek agreement on whether we should continue with the planning to hold the event.

Of the 12 Regions -

·                 One wants to cancel now.

·                 Two want to suspend planning (but not cancel).

·                 Nine want to continue planning.

 In discussion with the Regional Chair, Stephen Lankester and our Festival organiser, Paula Burman, our view was that we should suspend planning but not cancel.  Our preference would have been to cancel now but given a small number of contractual issues, delaying the decision to cancel for a few more weeks could mean National HASSRA would not lose the event deposit paid to Warwick University.

We are all coming to terms with the current lockdown and restrictions that are likely to continue for sometime to come and even when we reach the point that restrictions may be eased, we feel it is unlikely that these will be eased to such an extent to allow an event of between 475 - 600 people to take place.  We know that other regions don’t share this view.

With the majority of Regions wanting to continue with planning, National HASSRA has decided to continue negotiations with Warwick University in the event that the Festival does go ahead.

That said, for our Region we will not be undertaking any further canvassing of interest from our members as a participant or volunteer.  We will not be undertaking any qualifying events.  We know that people in our offices are extremely busy, many are off work to and given the uncer­ta­in­ties many would be reluctant to commit to attending. 

We will keep a close eye on developments and will let you know if anything changes.

 Should you have any queries on the above please send these to - hassra.eastofengland@dwp.gov.uk

 Andrew Marzolini - HASSRA EofE Vice-Chair

22/04/20

 

The HASSRA East of England commu­nica­tions team are always looking for any suggestions for additional content that you would like to see advertised. Please e-mail HASSRA East of England with your ideas at HASSRA East of England

HASSRA East of England Strategies