Prepare for AGM
- The Annual General Meeting of the club should be held no later than 28th February. i.e. within two months from the end of the financial year.
- The AGM can be held face-to-face in a suitable location or virtually via Microsoft Teams or similar media platform. Book a venue or create a video call invite as appropriate.
- Circulate papers to all members and your HASSRA Region no later than 14 days before the date of the meeting. These should include:
- An agenda
- A copy of the audited accounts
- Minutes of the previous meeting
- Action point log (if held)
- Annual Report (if one has been written)
- Any motions for consideration by the AGM, including any proposed changes to the club constitution.
- An invitation for nominations of the officers and committee members of the club and advise eligibility rules. [See note below]
- Appoint a minute taker, who will be responsible for recording all names of attendees and apologies, along with any decisions, queries and or action points.
- Contact the Business Sponsor to ask who their nominated auditor will be for the forthcoming year.
- Prepare a brief for Chairperson (if appropriate).
- Provide the venue with numbers, confirm catering arrangements and room set up (if appropriate).
- If awards are to be presented, take necessary action to arrange for them to be available on the day.
Eligibility rules for club officers
- All office clubs must have three officers - Chair, Treasurer and Secretary - who are full HASSRA members currently employed by DWP or other sponsor departments.
Retired members, Associate members, or members who work for a departmental contractor can be part of the committee, but they cannot be an officer of the club.
- All single activity clubs must have three officers - Chair, Treasurer and Secretary - who are full HASSRA members currently employed by DWP or other sponsor departments, or may be retired members, or members who work for a departmental contractor.
Associate members can be part of the committee, but they cannot be an officer of the club.
- No individual can hold more than one office or carry out the duties of more than one office.