Monday 3rd – Friday 7th June
IDOR (Inter-Departmental Offshore Racing)
IDOR is CSSC's flagship sailing event, bringing together crews from other Departments across the country.
This year's event will take place from Monday 3rd to Friday 7th June 2024.
It is a great event and a fantastic experience, see details below of what's involved for more information.
HASSRA is looking for sailing crew members of all abilities to take part in the Inter Departmental Offshore Regatta. To apply you must be both a HASSRA and CSSC member.
It’s a 5-day long programme of inshore and offshore races from Cowes on the Isle of Wight to Port Hamble Marina, near Southampton, providing a fantastic exciting, competitive sailing.
First-time applications are particularly welcomed and any novices who are selected will receive instruction and guidance from the more experienced crew members.
Individual Cost of £282 per person – this assumes eight crew members. This fee includes the following:
- Race entry fee
- Boat and accommodation on the boat from Sunday to Thursday.
- Prize giving dinner on Thursday and a BBQ on one evening.
This fee excludes:
- All other meals - approximate cost of breakfasts, lunches and snacks is £30 per person.
- Evening meals (often pub meals that must be purchased by the participant).
- Wet weather gear (costing around £50 to hire)
- Sailing gloves (which you will need to purchase)
- Non-slip, non-marking footwear (some black trainers mark the decks)
Insurance excess is £3,000 the cost of which would need to be split among the crew in the event of any damages.
You may require additional equipment (contact Stuart Dawes if clarification is required) at email@example.com
Additional CSSC Funding
A claim can be made to CSSC for up to 50% travel up to £60 to and from the venue and up to £40 towards per night (up to a maximum of 4 nights) overnight accommodation. See CSSC's National Travel Policy for detail.
- Applications are required ASAP but must be received by 1st March 2024.
- Please let us know, in confidence, if you have any health or mobility problems
- Leave must be agreed in advance with your line-manager (where applicable)
- You must be a member of both HASSRA and CSSC to take part in this event
If you are interested or have any questions regarding the event email our Sailing Team Manager, Kieron Kennedy