Who Can Join?
Membership of HASSRA is open to all staff working in or retired from:
the Department of Health & Social Care, or
- the Department for Work and Pensions, or
- the Food Standards Agency, or
- these organisations’ executive agencies and related bodies.
Staff employed by private contractors working on departmental business may also apply.
If you do not qualify under the above categories, you may still be able to apply to join HASSRA if you meet one of the following criteria:
- Previous employees of Department of Health & Social Care (DHSC), Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Food Standards Agency FSA), or any of these organisations’ Executive Agencies, Arms-Length Bodies [ALB] or qualifying contractors.
- DHSC/DWP staff on unpaid leave i.e. Career Break, Carer’s Leave, Maternity Leave or SLWOP [Sick Leave Without Pay]
- Employees of an NHS Trust
- Current employees of a DHSC ALB where payroll deductions cannot be taken
- Current agency employees with any of our qualifying employers/contactors where payroll deductions cannot be taken
- Employees of any organisation who are co-located with staff from any of the qualifying employment groups mentioned above
How much does it cost?
At just £2.45 per month HASSRA provides excellent value for money. The monthly subscription is deductible from your salary or civil service pension, or by direct debit or debit/credit card if you don't fall under one of the main membership categories and are unable to subscribe by payroll deductions.
What do I have to do to join?
For all new member applications, please apply at HASSRA Live.