Claim cashback rules
HASSRA Wales Discount Scheme
HASSRA Wales Discount Scheme is open to all HASSRA Wales members and allows them to claim a refund towards the ticket costs associated with attending NON sporting events in the UK such as Concerts and Theatre performances.
The scheme has been updated with changes that apply from 1st February 2022 as follows:
With effect from 1st February 2022 members can claim the full ticket(s) cost up to a maximum of £25 per claim.
- You and your partner attend an event and the cost of each ticket was £11.50. You can submit a claim for the full cost of the tickets, £23
- You, your partner and 2 children attend an event for which tickets are £5 each. You can submit a claim for all 4 tickets, costing £20 in total, and are entitled to be paid £20
- You and 2 friends attend an event for which tickets are £21 each. You can submit a claim for yourself and one guest and are entitled to be paid the maximum of £25 for that claim
- You and another HASSRA Wales member attend an event for which tickets are £24 each. You should each submit your own, individual claims and you would be entitled to claim the full cost of your own ticket, £24
The scheme is further updated, with effect from 1st February 2023, as follows:
Once*** per calendar year HASSRA Wales members can reclaim the purchase cost of tickets, or £25 (whichever is the lesser amount), for a non sporting event that takes place in the UK. This scheme applies to the member attending the event and covers one additional partner, or guest, and any of the member's children up to a maximum of £25 per claim. The temporary uplift to 2 claims per year, offered as a result of the lifting of COVID restrictions, is revoked with effect from 1st February 2023 and the number of claims reverts to one per year from that date.
Claims made before 31st January 2023 for any event within the preceding 12 months will count as a claim for the previous year where the maximum number of claims have not already been paid**.
From 1st February 2023 any claim made for an event in the preceding 12 months will be counted towards the member's one claim limit for 2023
- Amount payable, for each event, is limited to a maximum of £25 per claim, or the cost of tickets, whichever is the lesser amount
- Claims should be made AFTER attending the event and should be submitted with copies of tickets or ticket stubs*
- Theme parks, Zoos, Stately homes etc are regarded as venues or attractions, not events. Claims on entry tickets for these are not eligible under this scheme
Please apply the rules described above when making a claim.
*Any claims made before the event will be rejected. Early claims, that have been rejected on that basis, may be re-submitted after the event has been attended
** In recognition of the increased appetite to attend events following the lifting of COVID 19 restrictions, the number of claims allowed was raised to two a year until 31st January 2023 . Claims made by 31st January 2023 for events attended in the preceding 12 months will be counted towards the 2 claim limit unless that limit is already reached, in which case in which case the claim will be counted as a 2023 claim.
*** With effect from 1st February 2023 the scheme is reverting to one claim per member for any event attended in the preceding 12 months
HASSRA Wales Sports Participation Scheme
HASSRA Wales Sports Participation Scheme is open to all HASSRA Wales members and allows them to claim for some of the costs associated with participating in officially organised sporting events such as Marathons, Triathlons, Fun runs etc that take place in the UK.Once per calendar year HASSRA Wales members can reclaim up to £25 or 50% (whichever is the lesser amount) of entry fees for an organised sporting event in the UK. This scheme applies to the member participating in events and not partners, children or guests.
- Claims are limited to 1 claim per member per calendar year. Claims for the preceding year will be accepted up to 31st January of the current year.
- Amount claimed is limited to £25 or 50%, whichever is the lesser amount
- The event must take place in the UK
- Claims should be submitted AFTER participation in the event and should be submitted with receipts or invoices for entry fees and evidence of participation, such as result sheets, timecards, certificate etc.