Each Region has a regional committee. This committee is made up of HASSRA members from across the region.
The regional committee is responsible for:
- Deciding how the region spends its money
- Recruiting new HASSRA members
- Organising the regional AGM
- Organising and developing the regional programme of activities, competitions, trips etc.
- Organising qualifying events for the National Festivals and providing information to the national team to deadlines
- Communicating regional information to all members, using available channels
- Supporting local clubs
- Organising and judging regional awards competition and submitting national award nominations
- Agreeing the regional conference delegation and providing information to the national team to deadlines
- Sourcing and managing regional membership benefits
- Dealing with general membership queries relating to the region
- Storage, maintenance, distribution and purchasing of kit, equipment, and promotional items