HASSRA Wales Long Service Awards
From 2022 HASSRA Wales have introduced Volunteer Long Service Awards in line with awards made for service to HASSRA at a National level.
Volunteers are our most important asset. Their endeavour is how we get things done and their commitment expresses what’s best about our Association.
These awards are for regional volunteers only, but local clubs may wish to set up similar schemes for their volunteers.
The criteria for awards to be made by HASSRA Wales to regional volunteers are as follows:
- 5 years service: certificate and £25 gift voucher
- 10 years service: certificate and £50 gift voucher
- 15 years service: certificate and £75 gift voucher
- 20 years service: certificate and £100 gift voucher
Volunteers can self-nominate or be nominated by a HASSRA colleague. In each case a seconder is required. The HASSRA Wales Long Service Policy can be found here and the nomination form can be downloaded here.
Please note the following before making a nomination:
The scheme has been introduced to reward service milestones that occur in 2022 and onward (with the exception of 20 years service)
Only applications for milestones that have been reached during the year of application will be accepted. See the examples below illustrating how the milestone awards will be applied
We will not accept retrospective applications that are wholly in arrears except in the case of 20 years service award.
- A volunteer who reaches 5, 10 or 15 years service in 2022 can be nominated, or self nominate, for an award.
- A volunteer who reached 15 years service in the years preceding 2022 cannot be nominated and must wait until they reach the next milestone year of service, if their volunteering continues.
- A volunteer that reached the 10 year milestone in 2021 must wait until 2026, at which point they can be nominated, or self nominate, for a 15 years service award, if their volunteering has continued.
- A volunteer who has completed 20 years service , even where that milestone was reached prior to 2022, can be nominated, or self nominate, for an award.
HASSRA Wales Chair