HASSRA Annual Conference is held every May and is the main forum where decisions are taken on a range of issues affecting the Association. This includes, but is not limited to:
- election of the Association’s Board of Management, Finance Committee, Programme & Delivery Committee, Diversity & Inclusion Committee and Awards Committee.
- consideration of motions to Conference proposed by HASSRA’s Regional Associations, the aforementioned Committees or by the National Board of Management.
- consideration of annual financial statements, budgets and business plans.
- receiving and approval of the HASSRA’s Annual Report.
- nomination and confirmation of the Association’s Presidents and Vice-Presidents.
When is the next Annual Conference?
The 2024 Annual Conference will take place on Thursday 16th May 2024 at the University of Warwick.
Can I go to the HASSRA Annual Conference?
Conference is usually attended by National Officers, members of the National Board, representatives and observers from Regional Associations. Understandably we could never accommodate all 60,000 members, but individual requests to attend can usually be accommodated. Please contact your region who will be able to provide more information on how to attend Conference.
|East of England||North East||South West|
|East Midlands||North West||Wales|
|London||South East||Yorks & Humber|
How does a motion get raised at Conference?
Motions can be put forward by the National Board of Management and by regional associations.
Regional Associations hold their own Annual General Meeting (AGM) ahead of the main Annual Conference, usually around March. Amongst other things, regional AGMs consider issues brought forward by clubs or members in the region. Where those issues cannot be decided regionally – perhaps because they have a wider national impact – the regional AGM can decide to put a motion to the national Annual Conference.
How can I find out what decisions were taken at the Annual Conference?
Decisions are recorded in the Annual Conference Minutes.